View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2012, 15:50   #13950  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
1) How do we determine the gamma/transfer function input and desired output?

2) If we have calibrated our display with the Windows calibration tool (at the moment, and yes madVR does respect the calibrated values. I tested this.) Should we enable "This display is already calibrated and if so which gamma transfer function should we choose (essentially question 1)? After testing and looking at monitor specs I have determined that the gamma level is 2.2 (I didn't touch that while calibrating via the Windows calibration tool).

I've heard some people say that the output gamma should be set to 2.4 for movie content? This tends to darken the gamma bit from 2.2 and seems to either improve or over-darken the picture. Not sure what to conclude on that. Any tips?
I'm not really an expert on calibration stuff. If you know how the Windows calibration tool has calibrated your display and if that calibration stays active with madVR running, then set it to "This display is already calibrated" and enter how Windows calibrated your display. If you don't know that, set it to "Disable calibration controls". Or if you have a meter, you can use yCMS for calibration. Gamma 2.4 is for batcaves, meaning you should have black ceiling and walls and total light control. If you have ambient light in the room, Gamma 2.4 will probably be too dark, and the ambient light will eat the shadow detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarank View Post
When I try to display pictures, I can see only "Color Space Converter" as the additional filter other than the video renderer. I have checked this using VMR9, Overlay and EVR renderers too.
Ok, but what is the source filter? In MPC-HC right click on the video, click on "Filters", then click on the source filter. That's usually the one which shows the source file name. Then copy the text from the "Pin Info" tab and post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
Is it possible for you to add a checkbox option to automatically disable the wallpaper changer
Is there an API available to control the wallpaper changer? I'm not aware of such an API. If there is none, there's no way for madVR to disable it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3w813 View Post
See the color tracking of my TV below. Is there anyway I can use tools(?) or manually build a 3DLUT to be used in MadVR to fix the non-linear saturation points of the primaries and secondaries?
Not for now. This is one of the things which yCMS 2.x is supposed to fix. I've been in contact with the yCMS developer and he might start working on yCMS soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
I have tried disabling the "use a seperate device for presentation", and I get a few frame drops with it from time to time. With it on I get 0 frame drops. Thought I better give that piece of feedback in case options like this might be permanently hidden.
This option will stay, and it will stay enabled by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
Do I need to share a sample if I find a movie that isn't deinterlacing properly?
If you're interested in having the problem looked at (and fixed, if it's a bug in madVR) then yes, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
Is there a way to show the playback time without exiting fullscreen exclusive mode?
Yes, by updating to the latest madVR v0.83.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
If I play a video with Directx11 enabled and use a separate thread ticked.
Both these options will be gone in v0.83 because they're not needed, anymore, thanks to the latest NVidia driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
pixel shaders will be integrated the way EVR custom does? Will we be able to choose between pre and post-resize shaders and utilize directly the scripts from EVR custom? It will be fantastic to finally be able to use a post-resize sharpener in madVR without recurring to the TV set sharpening (which is usually crap) or NVIDIA enhancements.

I’ve seen you mentioned Dideé's "fine sharp", which to my eyes is the best around (better than Seesaw and LFSMod), do you think it will be possible to integrate it into madVR via pixel-shaders (GPU) so that we can sharpen AFTER resize with madVR?

It will be also cool to integrate into the interface the most common pixel shaders and to be able to tweak the basic parameters directly from madVR interface (like ffdshow does!).
I do plan to add support for custom pixel shaders, and there will be different shaders for before and after scaling. I can't say much more right now, though, because I haven't even started working on that yet.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote