Thread: YAMB 1.6 is out
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2005, 21:42   #37  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Yep... All good points Stephan...

Quote:
Originally posted by stephanV
... If standalone manufacturers dont create devices with proper 6 ch AAC support they should fix that and not patch it with good old AC3.
Agreed... but you try convincing the player manufacturers of this (like I have been trying to)... They just don't think 6Ch AAC audio is important enough...

When I asked Keith Jack (of Sigma) in Nov 2004 about player manufacturers adding sufficient RCA/phono outputs to enable 6Ch AAC audio, this was his response: -
Quote:
I wouldn't hold my breath even though the audio DSP can handle it. Although I originally spec'd 5.1, until now, there has been no requests for it. And we [Sigma] are now focused on implementing the more advanced audio codecs.
More advanced audio codecs eh! I wonder how people are supposed to listen to these on future players using their exising DSS amps?

My point to Keith Jack was... Why did Sigma supply development kits to manufacturers (or allow them to build their own boards) without 6No RCA/phono outputs!

Cheers

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 7th May 2005 at 21:47.