View Single Post
Old 12th March 2019, 02:37   #6  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
I was testing full rgb 8bpc which is the fullest color range I can get at 30hz but I was getting a small but noticable stutter from time to time in panning scenes so I think this is more disturbing than not having it.
you talk about 30 HZ a here and stutter from time to time which well why are you even using 30?

you should frame rate match to avoid judder that means 23p for 23p content.
i have to do so many ifs here so if your source is the usually 23p and and you set your display to 30 you will get heavy judder.

i have no clue why you just take a random number like 30HZ here.

Quote:
However the good news is I can now use the HDR file I was going to use in 30hz for 60hz my normal setting, and I must say I think it looks better than my old 3dlut for HDR.
The problem is few of the UHD movies or 2160p files I have actually switch to this HDR 3dlut so then if the material don't support it defaults to the normal one in my guide. I like that old 3dlut too although I found a third 3d lut that also looks good for non-HDR passthrough UHD 2160p material (I now have 2 for non hdr and one for hdr). Haven't quite decided which one of these I like best yet.
Any way to get more 2160p material use the HDR mode by the way, kind of sucks less than half of the files can use the full HDR 3dlut imo.
this make no sense you can use an SDR 3D LUT for HDR too and i have no way what you load where and why.

there is absolutely no point in taking none synthetic 3D LUT from somewhere these things have meta data and all kind of things can go wrong.

if a file is correctly created as HDR and you have a matching HDR -> SDR it will be used and not some other ones.

Quote:
Also, I'm getting slightly too dark shadows, how do I fix this to brighten up the shadows and prevent crushed blacks?
you fix black crush by calibrating it: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php

if your screen clips black level try to fix it with custom levels.

Quote:
Is this the setting?
https://imgur.com/4wDzajz
that a test pattern creator it's useless without a meter.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote