Old 21st August 2009, 14:12   #213  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by woah! View Post
since the new betas came out, i see you are leaving the source as is. 1920x1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Yes, you can just use "Video/Cropping Filter" to crop it.

I have seen some streams that have good content in that last 8 pixels and thought it would be useful to have the option to retain it when resizing. I'm open to reconsidering that decision if it bothers people too much.
This has confused me (easy to do, I know). Upon processing a 1920x1088 blu-ray (re-encoding using DGTools and x264), and not doing any cropping, I see that the result, after re-muxing and playback on PC with Cyberlink PDVD, shows the bottom of the screen "stretched" i.e. 8 pixels of blurriness. But neither the original .h264 nor the re-encoded .264 when played using avs/Vdub showed any such anomaly on-screen (and neither does the original using PDVD). Even the re-muxed .m2ts when played-back with MPC looks fine.

I don't know if this is a tsMuxeR question (which sees the re-encoding as 1920x1088) or purely a PDVD quirk, or if I simply need to crop the bottom 8 pixels every time with DGTools--and to that question I didn't see the original NEEDED any cropping. Can someone enlighten me.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote