View Single Post
Old 14th February 2009, 11:02   #8240  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat720 View Post
madshi, not sure if you've noticed but the Nero AAC Codec link has changed on the Nero site, after a quick google i found
I was already using the new link to check for new Nero AAC versions. I just output the wrong URL to the command line window. Will be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Even with v3.08, eac3to seems to lot take a lot longer (5+ seconds) to start.
Can you please post a few more details? Does it occur with all kinds of source files? Or just with physical Blu-Ray/HD DVD discs? Or [...]? What part of the processing exactly takes longer? Etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypec View Post
I use it only for very simple decoding of AC3 (within VOB) to WAV, however, there is some bug in the output header of WAV file occuring.
According to this RIFF WAVE specification details the Compression code in Format chunk should be 1 (0x0001) for standard uncompressed PCM.
That documentation is outdated. The WAV file created by eac3to is perfectly fine. It just uses a newer revision of the WAV file format, which is not supported by some applications. If you run into trouble you can use the eac3to "-simple" switch which will make eac3to output "old style" WAV files (with Compression code 0x0001). Please note that old style WAV files do not have a field to store the channel configuration of the channels. So for multichannel data, using the new file format revision is recommended. See also here:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...ultichaud.mspx