View Single Post
Old 29th June 2018, 21:39   #27486  |  Link
raisingcanex

MKV output

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I have been trying to understand using the mkv format to do my Blu-rays. I was using the folder structure before. With the size of 9gb on the file size. But some of the programs I am using does not recognize the folder structure. Now, when I'm trying to do MKV under alternate file output. I would try the 1080 with intact audio. Because sound is just as important to me as video. But when it's finished the file size is compressed to much. For example, having a Blu-ray with a original size of 42gb, and when the process is finished in came out under 1gb. Another was under 2gb. Some of them seem to have even lost some black level. Which I can understand to some degree with any compressing. But under the process with the 9gb folder structure was much more than the mkv, as far as black level. How can I get to get it to output between 8gb - 12gb with audio intact as a mkv. Or what settings should I be selecting. Or am I not suppose to be in the Alternate Outputs. Please help. Thanks
raisingcanex is offline   Reply With Quote