View Single Post
Old 8th February 2012, 23:51   #14675  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc7bfi View Post
I must confess that I am not very familiar with the finer points of H.264 video nor its packaging. Also, it may be possible that something went wrong woth the MKV file creation, but I have a few questions:

1) Do you see the same "muxed" issues in the wireshark?
How can I analyze it? I won't read bit-stream using binary editor. I'm not a computer.
Quote:
2) Would this explain the DebugView log I included in a previous message?
The debug log indicates the stream is broken. Or it may be indicating the bug of the source/splitter filter or ffdshow.
Quote:
3) Would there have been something changed between revisions 4175 and 4176 that would have caused this problem?
Rev 4176 changes the way of calculation of NAL unit size. As the mkv file shown, the upper stream filter must not use start code "00 00 01" if the container is mkv or mp4. It must use NAL unit size instead. Microsoft's guideline. Does simply changing the FOURCC work? If your source is RTSP, I don't know how NAL unit size is handled in DirectShow. I think the guideline still should be followed. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
Quote:
It it would be helpful I could create a small program that will play the video from the encoder (over the Internet) using the ffdshow filter for decoding. Just let me know. David
That would help a lot. I'll wait for it.