View Single Post
Old 18th August 2005, 03:06   #47  |  Link
CobraX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberace
Others use it without problems see here (link), anyway the worse thing that will happen is that your Xbox will (automaticly) switch itself off when the CPU gets over-heated (it has built-in over-heat protection that does that) if it does then all you have to do is wait a while until the Xbox cools off before you can safely turn it back on and try a higher setting, ...however if you want to play it safe then you can use the temperature control fan setting in XBMC, 55-60 degrees C should cause no problems, try it.
Hehe I installed a new XBMC build (was still using XBMC 1.0 that's why I didn't see the auto temperature control option ). When I set the Auto Temperature Control to 60° C the noise was much less but still clearly hearable. But it's bearable now I guess. Thanks for the information . I think I'll keep my Xbox for now as my movie player until the AVC ND hardware players are out.

(Damn nice new features in this XBMC build: watch music videos, watch trailers and a damn nice skin [mayhem III I believe])
CobraX is offline   Reply With Quote