View Single Post
Old 16th August 2005, 23:52   #44  |  Link
zilog jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraX
...The Zoran Vaddis 776 has this filter:

Proprietary video post processing filters for improving quality of low bitrate MPEG streams.

-> Do they mean MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 streams or only MPEG-2 streams? Can you compare this to the post processing filter in FFDShow?
I'm not sure what it means - maybe it means all MPEG video. Anyway, I can post results (via an s-video capture) from my 776-based player if you want. And I wouldn't be surprised if other chipsets used similar filtering - maybe other people can show results too if we decide on some sample videos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraX
Why do you say that? It seems the Zoran Vaddis 776 is more feature-complete.

Supports: -
Video Decs: Mpeg4 with B-VOP (with/without packed bit-stream) /
Qpel / 1 and 3 warp-point GMC
Audio Decs: MP3 / MPA (Layers 1, 2 and 3), AC3 (Dolby® Digital), WAV / AAC-LC / WMA
Containers: .AVI & .MP4 for video (.MP3, .WAV, .AC3, .WMA & .AAC for audio)
AFAIK, mine (the Yamada DVD-6500X) doesn't support MP4, AAC or DVD-A -_-
This review of a Rowa RDVD104 shows similar results to mine, too.

Actually, do we have any physical proof that the Siemssen SCO 5000 ND contains a this chipset? I'm starting to have my doubts, especially considering that Zoran aren't exactly saying much about their series of chips, or the differences between them. Then again, it still just could be some manufacturers (like Yamada and Rowa) being lazy...

I found this (in French) showing a picture of a Vaddis 776, but there's not really much suggesting it's actually from that player. The menus look the same as on my player, only with *A LOT* more information on them (especially like here, where the info is very sparse on my player in comparison).
zilog jones is offline   Reply With Quote