View Single Post
Old 20th December 2004, 06:36   #19  |  Link
DarkFoon
Awakened to video Dec2003

A few ideas...

I was wondering what you guys would think if this filter had control over the temporal filtering. So that it could be user defined,
for example:
temp=<value>
where <value> could be,
-n, where it only processes previous N number of frames (and current)
0, temporal off
n, where it does previous and future N number of frames. i.e if N = 2, then it would do 2 previous frames and 2 future frames, greatly slowing it all down, of course.

I like the filter, but the reason I suggest this is because my experiences with big or small values of sigma and bh/bw, I get horrible ghosting on my anime images (they're rather grainy CATV captures from live broadcast). Perhaps this filter is bad for anime? I know that temporal is a strong point of this filter, however, there are situations where temporal filtering can be undesireable.

I also thought that if there was a parameter to make the filter run all three planes (or a combination thereof) with only one filter instance in the script. I think this would be good because the user could, for example, turn off temporal and turn on all three planes and there would be no gain/loss in filter speed; it would still be processing three planes, but all within the same frame, as opposed to the current way things are.

let me know what you guys think of all this.
By the way, I like the idea of dynamic block sizing. The arguments for dynamic block sizing are compelling.

My Quant Matrices:
Caerulea
For MPEG-2 DVD Destination Anime

Simple Lo
General Purpose MPEG-2 (tested with anime only)
DarkFoon is offline   Reply With Quote