View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2002, 23:54   #13  |  Link
Joseph2

Quote:
Originally posted by DaSilva
Joseph can you do a more in depth explanation of how do u set chapter/cell frames in CCE?
I tried to explain it in a previous post, but I'm not sure it's quite clear:
#1) In the main menu screen ("Encode settings") and the second box ("input files") you have a "Settings" Button. When you press it a new window with the filename and the number of frames appear. If you double-click on the file a new menu appears ("File settings"), when you can set the encode range and chapter list. To fix a chapter point, type in the desired frame in the "Frame search" box, and then press the "set" button in the "Chapter list" box. The frame will be added to the chapter list.
There is also some information about this menu in the CCE manual in PDF format included with the program (at least in the 2.50 version I use).

However, I have not succeeded in getting an "I" frame in the exact point set in the list, and there is always a slight difference of 5-10 frames. Perhaps it's related with the rest of GOP settings, where I usually fix:
- A GOP pattern similar to the original VOB
- [ ] restrict auto-I frame insertion
- [X] close all GOP
With this settings I usually get a constant GOP structure. I'm not sure if unchecking "close all GOP" it's possible to get the exact desired "I" frame in the cell/chapter point.
Anyway, a 5-10 frames in setting the chapter point is not really important.

I hope this helps
Best regards
Joseph2 is offline   Reply With Quote