Old 28th October 2002, 22:17   #13  |  Link
Xenoproctologist

Quote:
Originally posted by Swan
Your modification to the script

bordertop = last.crop(0,0,0,79)
center = last.crop(0,79,0,425)
borderbottom = last.crop(0,504,0,0)

did remove the majority of unwanted artifacts in the border-meets-video area, but not all of it. Perhaps due to the rotation you mentioned.
Yes.

Quote:
It was not properly cropped at the top (some junk left there) and I think it added too much black matte. I don't want that amount when I DivX encode. I'd rather put the bits on the video than wasting them on black matte. I want to make it clear that I *do* appreciate the help you've given me.

I am confused when you say "Having looked at eur.mpg, I can see that your borders are too small.". If you mean that I cropped too near the station logo at the bottom (Vh1) and the program logo (So 80's) than I can say that I cropped on purpose so that there would be as little black matte as possible left. I cropped the bottom first, so that the Vh1 logo was not cropped, and had a tiny amount of black below it. I then cropped the top to match that, so that the amount of black matte would be approximately the same on the top and bottom of the final DivX-encoded video. I used GordianKnot, as I wrote before, and I trust that the Wef knows what he's doing, so I get correct AR.
Are you saying I should leave more black matte above and below the logos? So they are surrounded by more of the video's orginal black matte?
No, I'm saying the exact opposite: for the purposes of this particular image processing case, you need to crop more. That script modification crops off all of the letterboxing (including the VH1 and "totally 80's" logos), fielddeinterlaces what's left, then reattaches the borders (and accompanying logos).

There's absolutely nothing precluding you from replacing the BicubicResize(576,432,0,0.5) at the end of the script with:
crop(0,44,0,489)
BicubicResize(576,368,0,0.5)
Xenoproctologist is offline   Reply With Quote