View Single Post
Old 14th April 2012, 21:09   #14982  |  Link
Cela

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
... If I get "Anna Bolena" -- will I get the 00006 2501 error you reported?
Sorry, English is not my native language. I may have some trouble to make myself understood properly. Please give me another shot:
Yes, I've tested these disks already. Please see #14945.
Yes, I've got
SourceCheck() 00006 2501 (for test BD 1, "Anna") and
SourceCheck() 00055 2501 (for test BD 2).

It will be very interesting if you can verify and reproduce my findings. There is still a fair chance that you would not be able to reproduce my findings on your computer. That would indicate that there is something wrong on my side (BD disk, BD reader, computer/OS settings, etc.) which is not wrong at your side. This would also help to narrow in the reason for the issue.

Though, as user, as every user, I have to claim that it's not a user error but a program error. I know, from your side it's the other way round. (Already ages ago, in each 'Big Blue Messages and Codes' manual the explanation of each error message code used to start with the statement "Probably user error".)

2. To some up the discussion in some other recent posts, I am quite aware that a donation is a donation and no prejudice to what you are expected to use it for. I fully respect that you will feel free to use any donation for whatever you may want to use it for.
By the way, donations do not establish any connection between the nickname in the forum and the real name in real life, do they?

I wanted to express, that, in case you really would go on investigating why a false negative report is generated by BDRB, and in the course of this investigation you will find the reason causing the false negative diagnostic message, and in case you may find a remedy for it and will produce a new BDRB beta, that remedy would also heal the false negative SourceCheck() 00055 2501 for test BD 2 and, maybe, other similar opera BDs.
I offered to test an upcoming, thus updated BDRB beta version again with my both test BDs.

If you prefer, I would be happy to take up omegaman7's idea to send you my test disk 1 "Anna", for which I get the SourceCheck() 00006 2501 error, if you provide me the exact mailing address for sending that disk (and I will buy me another one here in old Europe).

Last edited by Cela; 15th April 2012 at 18:57.
Cela is offline   Reply With Quote