View Single Post
Old 30th September 2003, 01:04   #20  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

Wow...This sounds like a potential nugget of gold hidden away in this thread. I'm getting all excited. I think you are saying one could compare each frame back to the source and then apply filters to each frame based upon the quality index returned by ssim. Is this correct? I do have a difficult time understanding this stuff.

I wonder if one or both of you could flesh it out a little more and maybe post a more complete example of a test script so folks like me could do some testing. I can't quite get there by myself and could use the help.

In my case I would like to try it with CCE 1-pass vbr with two to three filter combos like none, deen, and heavy (maybe deen with light blurring?)

In re-reading the above I realize I may be confused as you both mention multipass as if this may be "pass based" conditional versus frame based. Any help you can give me towards understanding the above more fully and getting a working test script would be appreciated. I can do alright with this stuff once someone kickstarts me.

Btw, your "get the dll here" above is a new version or is it 0.23? Might be better to just point people to the top of the thread?

Last edited by DDogg; 30th September 2003 at 02:57.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote