View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2018, 02:38   #277  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maal656 View Post
Great new the new Beta 7!! And with a new feature which is really useful (at least for me) since I have to correct/create forced subtitles from normal subtitles very often. I'll inform you if I find any bug (the rest of functions of the program I use, including the multi-edition MKV from DVDs work OK)
Nice to read, many thanks for your tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maal656 View Post
Just one question/suggestion: Now I have several MKVs including different editions of a movie, created from seamless branching/multiple-angle DVDs and Blurays. Due to the limitation of the "ordered chapters" support in different players, sometimes I would like to create a new MKV, extracting only one of the editions of the multi-edition-MKV. I guess that by splitting the entire MKV by chapters, and merging again all parts corresponding one of the editions I could create the new MKV, but I don't know about any program which could handle this automatically... Have you had this problem? (Maybe it could be an additional function for your problem... if you find it interesting... )
For a long time an other user asked me the same. And this is not so easy, and nowhere supported.
At first:
Splitting the entire mkv by all chapters is not the right way, because chapters often are not at the end or start of an m2ts file.
In the chapter.xml for a multi-edition mkv, there are "hidden" chapters which are in synchronous to the m2ts files.
When you cut the mkv then there. But it is not so easy to know which hidden chapters belongs to an m2ts, and sometimes matches a normal chapter to an m2ts also.

And, I can not say if MTX cut it correctly, but I guess.

It is not on my TODO list but in my head.
I have to create a "MTX-cutting option file" while the Multi-Edition-mkv editor runs. And additional for each edition a mux-option file.
Many work :-) maybe in a far future or not, because I'm sure the Matroska support will increase in the next years.

Which player you are using?

When ever it is possible to you, then use LAVFilters, best Matroska support!! LAV is supported by many players.
mpv has limited Matroska support. Medium-Liniking is working but no Editions.
VLC has maybe the best Matroska support for Linux. VLC 3.0 could be interessting, Steve is fixing some mkv-parser issues.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote