View Single Post
Old 11th September 2018, 19:03   #52388  |  Link
tij

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3wh0 View Post
I did, I initially tested it with the 1050 and gave up on it after I realized it could only do 8-bit. The numbers it computed were good, I setup a custom resolution manually with those numbers, but it always stuck to a 23.980hz composition rate (~4 min for repeated frames) at only 4k. I didn't have to do anything for 1080p since nvidia actually uses 23.976hz for that resolution.
I have 1070 (with 2016 LG OLED E6) … it all used to work - 3D, 10bit, HDR … I think 1803 windows 10 update broke it (went back to known working NVIDIA drivers … but it still the same):

1. Fullscreen windowed D3D11 only outputs 8-bit (HDR and SDR)
2. FSE D3D11 outputs 10-bit (HDR and SDR) … but
3. Composition rate is now weird … 23.98Hz for windowed … 60Hz for FSE (which did not have composite rate before)
4. if you turn Windows HDR on … Fullscreen windowed D3D11 will outputs 10-bit … but that will make 3D unusable

However, display rate was 23.97 in all scenario.

Think 1803 made changes to Desktop Window Manager (DWM) … specifically how it behaves when some App start directly access screen through DXGI (intel and amd) or NVAPI (nvidea) … since madVR uses DXGI and NVAPI that pretty much guarantees (theoretically) that madVR directly accesses screen, so reported composite rate is irrelevant (my guess is DWM now leaves composition desktop active in background even though it is bypassed by DXGI and NVAPI … probably in order to go back to it as quickly as possible when needed)

This is all my best educational guess lol

So now I run my stuff all in FSE (used to run in Fulscreen Windowed for a bit faster response)
tij is offline   Reply With Quote