Thread: Vapoursynth
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2018, 20:19   #3090  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
I get this message with a 1080p source and some MVTools-based denoising + contrasharpening and advanced downsizing stuff in the script. I've tried setting the cache at 12000 but at some point the warning appears in the encoder log. Of course, with that value being so high (I have 16 GB of memory), the computer ends up swapping a lot so I need to tune it back to 10240 or so.

After some time, the memory usage of the vspipe process goes down to 3-4 GB of memory and stays there until the end. Does it mean that it's actually not useful to set a high value to start the encoding with?

EDIT: Except that with r44t2, the memory usage stays high all the time.
Basically the logic is closer to Avisynth behavior now. All leftover memory is used for recycled framebuffers. I have some ideas on how to improve things later. I don't think it's ideal but it does improve another corner case a lot... But if it stops at such a low total memory usage you can set it lower to begin with and it won't cause any problems.