View Single Post
Old 11th July 2009, 08:26   #8560  |  Link
Jong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADude View Post
Gosh, go away for a couple of days, and people are reinventing the wheel !

The Cyberlink MPEG2 + DXVA + DVD bug is well known and is already in the bug database. It is known for menu highlighting, I am not sure that subtitle aspect was previously known or not, so that may be an additional bit of information.
It did not mention the subtitle problem I have added it.

It was unclear if it affected just Cyberlink or all MPEG2 decoders in DXVA mode. I can confirm IG's comment it also affects the MS decoder.

It also suggested it affects all Windows versions, but XP SP3 definitely works fine here (with VMR9 renderless).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
Thank you, Jong. I'll see if any online retailers are still selling PDVD7 and see if I can use that decoder within Directshow. Since I have the same problem with Microsoft's MPEG-2 decoder and the Arcsoft one, I doubt that will help. Thank you for the info though.
I don't think PDVD7 will help, although I have not tested it. It does seem to affect all DXVA MPEG2 decoders on Vista (EVR CP).

if you look in the bug tracker though you will see you can get it to work by regressing to an earlier version. Maybe you can use one version for DVDs and one for other things?

Also, unless you are right up against it on CPU (and your PC would have to be very old) Kumi's suggestion of DXVA deinterlacing and ffdshow decoding sounds pretty good. DXVA deinterlacing is why I use the Cyberlink decoder.

Last edited by Jong; 11th July 2009 at 10:38.