View Single Post
Old 14th December 2005, 02:43   #1  |  Link
jweathers7
John Weathers

Remove or prevent delays during AC3 Encoding?

I am in the process of inserting some deleted scenes back into Attack of the Clones. I have successfully edited the video, but I am having some trouble with the audio portion.

Specifically, I have ripped the soundtrack and the deleted scene soundtracks into AC3 files. I then used BeSplit to split up the soundtrack into chunks including small neighborhoods around areas where I need to create sound transisitions. I then decoded these neighborhoods into groups of 6 Mono WAVs.

After making my transitions successfully, I then reencode the neighborhoods that I had previously decoded with the intention of then joining everything back together into one big AC3. This way the loss of quality from reencoding is limited to small 2 - 4 second windows around the transitions.

Unfortunately, Softencode seems to add a small bit of silence at the beginning of each AC3 that it produces. While the silence is really small and unnoticeable if you just play it in isolation, it is very noticeable when joined back into the soundtrack.

Is there some way to eliminate these delays using Softencode or another encoder? The BeSweet encoder seems to barely add any delay if at all, but it has the problem that the volume seems to be cut in half and the sound wave seems inverted as well.

I would rather not reencode the entire soundtrack as I am trying to preserve as much quality as possible. However, even when I tried doing this, I noticed that BeSweet complained about overflow issues when trying to decode the entire soundtrack which doesn't look good...

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
jweathers7 is offline   Reply With Quote