View Single Post
Old 6th January 2006, 18:15   #20  |  Link
Romario

Location: Qetchua mountains in Peru, and Klingon battlecruiser D'Mar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
Romario's error is "unsupported colorspace YUY2".. I take it that means the input has to be YV12.. it's quite simple to test that.. add a ConverToYV12() at the end of the AviSynth script (check the AviSynth wiki to see if this command is correct just in case). If it's that.. it's definitely not a MeGUI bug but a user error. In fact, MeGUI has nothing to do at all with the fact that it worked in a previous release.. it's an error that comes directly from x264.exe.. so either something changed inside x264.exe, or you changed something at the source/playback filters that are being used via directshowsource. And then there's the thing that you should run mpg files through dgindex anyway.. DirectShowSource is probably the most dangerous source loading command AviSynth offers.. and in my own experience the most error prone.
Thank you for explanation, but could you provide me exact way to convert YUY2 to YV12 output, because I am so new in AviSynth scripts.

Doom9, why DirectShowSource is " probably the most dangerous source loading command AviSynth offers ", can you tell me?

I can tell you that that MPG file worked fine with 0.2.3.1029 build, and I don't change anything in that MPG source file, everything is same as earlier.

It seems that something is changed in x264.exe.