View Single Post
Old 13th August 2005, 21:28   #12  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

@ nnigam

Quote:
No need to bang your head. NT 4 is outdated now, and we should be upgrading to XP in the next month or so. I got busy with a couple of tasks this weekend, and so completely forgot to test under XP Pro SP2 and media center at home, but will test and let you know.
I would generally agree with that. It would be nice to know if there are issues unique to NT 4.xx or any version for that matter.

Quote:
As for the buttons, I get a window with no menus, and six buttons on the right which when clicked open a lauch tool dialog with the message untitled, and an ok button which closes the dialog box.
That message box is a stray used to debug the program, sorry. Open an existing script or save one and the box will display the file name. Right click the button and you will get a dialog box for that button allowing you to select which external program you would like to launch with that button. Once an external tool has been selected for a button the icon for that tool will show in the button. Clicking that button will launch the tool which should open the saved file( not the viewed data ) after clicking OK in the message box showing the file name. Oops. Next version will trap the modified flag and ask the user if they would like to save the viewed data before launching the tool. F5 will play the viewed data and tool button six will not ask but send the viewed data in the script edit window to your external viewer or whatever program you desire.

Quote:
Right clicking, I can open an avs file. Then from rightclicking for preview, I am unable to get the file to play back. However, if I hit F5, then I do get the preview.
This is my fault. The three view choices are not clearly described in the menu as view choices and will be addressed in ver 0.5 of the program. At this time the script loading into the veiwer is sort of up in the air due to the video viewer’s ability to crash the program if the script crashes AviSynth. Untill I come up with a way to prevent the crash or trap the crash and report it so that the user has some warning that the script is the problem, this is going to be a little confussing.

Quote:
When my avs file is in the editor window, All buttons are still blank. When I press F5 for the preview all the buttons are gone.
Yup that is what is going to happen. The program changes views to do this. Press F5 again to return to the editor or F6 to stop and start play.

Quote:
In the trim/Edit window, only the encode, write script, delete, insert, play and 4 movement buttons are visible. There are 3 other buttons that do not have anything in them.
Yes, that is correct. The button above the check box is a repeat of button six from the edit view. Meant for your external video-viewer choice, the button should display the icon of the external viewer once it has been configured. The other two buttons do nothing but latch down or up in the current version and will be programmed as scan forword and scan reverse in a furture version of the program. The far right button which sends the frame numbers to the list windows should display filmcutter’s icon.

Quote:
Let me play around it with some more and then I will be able to give a better idea. I tried to paste the image here, but somehow am unable to.
Hope the above info helps you, help me. For which I am very grateful.
Images posted to the forum must be reviewed by the forum before they can be viewed, it can take a day or so.

Once again, thank you, for your time and interest in the program, any info positive or negative is helpful. It is very easy as the programmer to have tunnel vision and miss how misleading a few poorly chosen words can be.

Last edited by Ebobtron; 14th August 2005 at 03:51. Reason: contents
Ebobtron is offline   Reply With Quote