View Single Post
Old 21st July 2005, 05:28   #4  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

@dr.Prozac

Thanks for the kind words and for showing an interrest.
Quote:
Just think also about more comfortable gui so that every, even less advanced users will be able to use it intuitivly.
I noted in the original “know issues” list that the trim edit view had problems. However, I did not see how horrid it was to anyone but me till after I had it out. Version 0.2b is better. I hope more feedback will lead to a better working layout.
Quote:
Also, when it is the first run, many various windows, confirmations ect. appear. is it neccesary?
I also warned about stray popup message boxes. I left those in the program for the first release because I would know where the program was crashing if FilmCutter did not startup on some systems. In addition, I wanted the user to know that the program was going to write to his hard-drive. Not very elegant but it works and they are temporary. Moreover, there are a few I have forgotten about so let me know please.
Quote:
Next thing, every user is able to run AVSEdit even if this tool is not installed in the system. So, then we can see the Message (Create process failed).
I left the Launch AVSEdit feature in the script edit menu because I wanted feedback on whether anyone would like it. I am sorry that for those without AVSEdit that it is not included. Version 0.3b will add a tool bar of six user-defined buttons so you can add or change to suit your needs
Quote:
Nothing is more helpful than users opinions
Absolutely, much of the programs structure depends on the features so feedback from users will definitely define the program in the future.

There are many ideas yet to implement and I have held back to see if it will run on other systems. I would like to know if the program runs on 98, ME, Win2K and other configurations than just mine before I continue with the project.

Again, thank you for the feedback. I hope you can find use for the program

Last edited by Ebobtron; 21st July 2005 at 05:32. Reason: context error
Ebobtron is offline   Reply With Quote