View Single Post
Old 29th April 2011, 09:50   #2034  |  Link
jmone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
It uses the same logic to render subs as the MPC-HC internal renderer - it just looks like there is a missing media type for the DirectVobSub subtitle pin - i'll test later and possibly add it.
The only "problem" is that it doesn't support NV12, only YV12 - so you wouldn't be able to use it with LAV CUVID, unless i manage to add support for that too.

(Edit: Adding NV12 support to DirectVobSub seems hard, would probably be easier to add YV12 output to LAV CUVID.....)

I'm also pondering if it would be possible to write a sub renderer using the MPC-HC rendering code which would hook into the sub rendering interface of madVR, basically how MPC-HC works, just as a standalone filter.
It would however be limited to madVR (and the Haali renderer).

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know that much about the PGS format itself..
I'll test with ffdshow when i get home from work.
Maybe its an easy fix in ffdshow sub rendering code...
All good ideas, and I would plug for the following, but given your time is precious, I'd also put them in this order:
1) Mod LAVSplitter to output a (forced) SUB stream that is compatible with a wide range of decoders as possible (incl FFDSHOW) OR if it already does then it is a bug in FFDSHOW that needs to be fixed
2) Mod DirectVobSub to support pgs
3) Write a new Sub Renderer (happy that it would only support madVR but that means you could not use it with DVD's at present).

OR - since it is a rendering role, and Madshi has been kicking back recently get him to build it into madVR
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote