View Single Post
Old 12th March 2019, 19:56   #12  |  Link
VBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkill View Post
I got the 04.70.85 software version
Lg tv is oled55c7v
Had it for about 5 months or somethin.

It won't show any HDR on the tv, tv might flash or change brightness a bit not sure.

If I choose tonemap HDR using pixel shaders I won't see any difference from 'let madvr decide' option (which basically means off option). Not sure what's going on here.
I changed the settings to 23hz and full rgb 8bpc just to verify and deep color on as I'm testing this.

If in 23hz actually can see all the shades on that test image perfectly, go figure. I'll test your instructions at some point too.

I've been using technicolor bright room setting but also tried the technicolor expert however the settings is in USER mode not cinema like you say, how do I change this?
I have the tv in PC icon.

I asked this in another thread got no answer about LAV Video, I don't have the LAV Video? I only use MadVR and LAV Audio in external filters, what LAV Video setting are you talking about where do I find this setting?

Can you send me the pixel shader files and your 3d lut bro, I'd love to test them!
If madVR doesn't switch the TV into HDR mode, that would explain your washed out picture. Make sure that madVR -> display -> properties -> bit-depth is set to either Auto or 10-bit. Otherwise the display will not switch into HDR mode. Also make sure that "send HDR metadata to the display" is checked in whatever mode you'd like madVR to use.

Which media player software do you use? I recommend MPC-HC with built-in LAV filters, for simplicity. If you don't see LAV Video used during playback, that could be part of your problem.

Either Technicolor Expert mode should be fine for SDR/HDR. For Dolby Vision it will say "Cinema (User)". Another thing to keep in mind: If you use the LG in PC mode to get 4:4:4, that only applies to 60Hz.