View Single Post
Old 8th February 2008, 19:18   #216  |  Link
Creator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCarlos View Post
So is it my fault or what is the case. On the cover of the HDDVDs is always1080p mentioned. If I open one stream with tsmuxer than it says it is 1080i. I converted some HDDVD to blu ray now. I didn't burn one now, but the ISO of them work perfect on the PC in perfect sync. I just wondered about this 1080i.(I am new to this sorry if I ask sutupid questions)What would I have to to that I would get 1080p?
The streams in the HD-DVD standard are encoded in 1080i/29,97fps with 3:2 pulldown. The HD-DVD players can then playback the movies on a 60Hz TV using that information. To playback in 24p, the HD-DVD players do "reverse pulldown" to go back to 23.976fps progressive.

The streams in the Blu-Ray standard are encoded in 1080p/23.976fps without 3:2 pulldown. The Blu-Ray players can then playback movies on a 60Hz TV by applying 3:2 pulldown "on the fly". To playback in 24p, the blu-ray player have nothing to do but to playback the stream at it's 23.976fps encoded form.

At least, that is what I can understand from both formats being different as they are. If I am mistaken then someone will correct me here.
Creator1 is offline   Reply With Quote