Thread: YAMB 1.6 is out
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2005, 17:49   #30  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

I get what you mean bond....

My suggestion for YAMB's "import stream" layout was following on from how it's presented in mp4UI's GUI: -

I must admit I took it for granted that MP4Box.exe would be able to mux more stream types than it actually does Especially, given that it has only just recently been greatly improved

I guess I am getting rather over enthusiastic!

Quote:
Originally posted by bond
and simply because lots of people ask for ac3 support in .mp4, it doesnt mean that it makes any sense at all. the last thing i want to see in .mp4 is ac3...
if you target hardware player playback, hell use .avi. no need to mess around with .mp4!
Hey... I did not say I support the idea... I'm simply passing on other peoples points of view... And if adding support for .AC3 in .MP4 is all it's going to take to get more people to move over from .AVI to .MP4 then it has to be worth considering.

When it comes to .MP4 container support in stand-alones, the player manufacturers have really managed to confuse the end-user by not offering a decent method of getting 6Ch AAC audio out of their players. As you know, many players only offer 2No analogue outputs (including the new high-def capable devices) and those players that have 6No analogue outputs are unable to pass/map the AAC channels correctly... And when you try and explain to people why AAC audio can't be decoded via (optical or electrical) S/P-DIF connection, this only upset them more... and drives them away from considering/using the .MP4 container

Like I say, a lot of people like that idea of the .MP4 container. They like the fact that it can support chapter selection and subtitles etc... And they like using Recode2. But they are getting really confused as to why they are unable to listen to 6Ch (5.1) audio

Cheers