View Single Post
Old 5th March 2013, 09:37   #17907  |  Link
Niyawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangix View Post
I think going from Highest to High you should also disable Linear Light or Anti-Ringing. At least in my experience, Downscaling using that setup is quite demanding.
High and Highest are supposed to be demading. The very foundation of that chart is to be a reference for quality vs performance. If someone can't use High or Highest, then they can go for Mid, if they can't use that either, go for Low (which is madVR default) or go for Bilinear which is the fastest mode for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie1394 View Post
madshi has said... Don't use Smooth Motion if the display device is capable of handling 24 / 50 / 60 Hz contents properly.

It actually has some noticeable impacts on motion content resolution for CRT / PDP devices. The LCD TV owners might not be aware of this since most (cheap) LCD devices are not capable of producing the same motion resolution ability. Only some very expensive LCD TV sets do.
Well, the graph is supposed to be a reference for those who have almost no idea what settings to use. I was going to include that information in my guide as a complement too - so I believe there's no worries in that aspect.