View Single Post
Old 19th July 2009, 20:14   #4020  |  Link
Capsbackup

Just for a point of reference, I reported this way back at the beginning. Also reported after testing the same disc with the Sony S301 that jdobbs has that it played perfectly. I still have the DVD-R disc, and I have tested it after the last few firmware updates for my BX1 to see if it may work, but still no luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Well I just finished backing up The Scorpion King, NTSC, Full backup, 4.09GB and burned to DVD+RW. Not having much success here and I am not sure what the problem is. Let me clarify - the audio for the main movie just does not play when burned to a DVD+RW, as with previous attempts. The main menu only plays for about 33 seconds before pausing, and when it continues, there is only audio while the video remains a still image at the pause point. I can select the menu buttons for the disc, so all is still functioning. However, after selecting play, the movie starts and the video looks great, just no audio is heard. Also, as with other backup tests reported, I cannot select subtitles from the remote, no pop up or available subtitles are displayed. Same with audio button, no pop up to display other available tracks.
So I burn the same files to a BD-RE disc, and now the audio and subtitles play fine, with the ability to change both audio and subtitle tracks from the remote during playback of the movie.( There is only the 1 eng. AC3 audio file that plays of course, but the button on the remote brings up the options as if there were other tracks available). The menu video still does its pause at the same time interval as the DVD+RW. However, this is not a big concern since I usually press play before the menu loop anyway, but I just wanted to report my findings.
I only have the Sony BDP-BX1 to test with, so I don't know if it is player related or if it could be a BD-RB bug. I use only the default settings, and ImgBurn.
I have made numerous movie only backups, not with BD-RB, and never had a problem.BDP-BX1 plays back movie only perfectly. I hope these tests I have reported can help track down if there is a bug, or if I need to do or change something, I am open to any and all suggestions. I would like to be able to keep the menus and burn to DVD-R or DVD+R DL just like all of those succesful reports I have read!
Maybe a new test with this new release BD-RBV02502 would also be helpful. However, I seem quite content for BD-25 full movie backups, now that the BD media is at a more acceptable price, and BD-5 or BD-9 for movie only backups.
I'm just happy with all these options!!
Thanks jdobbs.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote