View Single Post
Old 15th May 2015, 21:36   #30083  |  Link
XMonarchY

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Ok, let's do some more tests:

1) Leave all your settings just as they are, but rename one of the 3dlut files to something else (e.g. add "dummy" to the file name). madVR should then complain about the missing file. If you do this with a Rect.601 video file, then which file do you have to remain to make madVR complain?

2) If you toggle through the primaries (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P), does that make madVR load the correct 3dlut?
OK I solved the problem. My content was actually labeled SMPTE 170M, not SMPTE C. When I toggled to SMPTE C using ctrl+alt+shift+p command, My Rec.601 3DLUT in SMPTE C line was used properly. The problem was that SMPTE 170M aws not detected as SMPTE C, even though ctrl+j menu reported that my SMPTE 170M content had "matrix BT.601". Its all a bit confusing...

Do you think you could add SMPTE 170M standard support for SMPTE C line or make an extra line for SMPTE 170M? AFAIK SMPTE C is the color gamut that uses Rec.601 primaries, while SMPTE 170M is the actual standard, not just the color gamut name. I mean its no big deal really, since I can toggle now.

Last edited by XMonarchY; 15th May 2015 at 22:08.