View Single Post
Old 10th December 2007, 04:33   #1092  |  Link
manono

In the case of your movie, the MeGUI analysis worked fine. There may be some real interlaced stuff elsewhere - studio logo, maybe - which might be why it called it hybrid, but mostly film.

The only good analysis is done with your eyes, in my opinion, again, especially true where Indian DVDs are concerned. And the knowledge of how to interpret what you see can only come with experience. Make a basic Avisynth script, separate the fields, and open it in VDub(Mod). Then scroll to a place with movement and start advancing a frame at a time. Since this is the TIVTC and TDeint thread, one or the other can handle most types of video, but not blended fields since I don't consider just deinterlacing a field blended video an option.

I have maybe 250 Indian DVDs, and more than 200 of them have blended fields. I prefer the classics, but the situation is only marginally better with DVDs of newer films. As long as you remember that the DVDs produced by the Indian DVD production companies are the worst in the world, that whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and that working with them requires a great deal of knowledge and experience, then you'll be better prepared for what you're going to encounter.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote