View Single Post
Old 6th January 2011, 13:48   #17  |  Link
Malcolm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
So maybe it doesn't like images or non mod16?
The dark protection is not only scenes, but part of the scenes, but I will look into that.
  • 12.77 fps is pretty good for a mobile GPU like the 9600M GT i would say!
  • The filter doesn't care if it's mod16. Did you process only one frame? The initialization of the OpenCL stuff takes some time. That means processing the first frame is WAY slower than all following frames! Repeat your single frame 512 times and let the video play. What fps do you get after 256 frames?
  • Yes, i understand. it's about dark areas inside the video frame. But atm. i have to focus on the core functionality of the filter. 'dark scene protection' ist really something that can be added on top of any filter by scripting.
  • To the temporal filter mode: I have implemented this as a protoype, but i'm reluctant to investigate deeper at the moment.
    Reasons are:
    1. It doesn't bring that much benefit that one might think. (Maybe i will correct myself here in the future...)
    2. It slows down the filtering. (Though it's not as slow as i expected)
    3. Due to the nature of OpenCL / CUDA (that means to get fast executing code!), i'd have to write a second specialized kernel besides the existing one to realize Az=1. I'd have to write a third specialized kernel to realize Az=2, ...
      A generalized kernel is possible but would be very slow! (And since it's all about performance...) At the current stage, i'd like to focus on the core kernel itself and work this out first.
Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote