View Single Post
Old 10th October 2006, 06:46   #10  |  Link
csnet

Quote:
1) Have you done this testing only WITH the switchbox included, or have you tried excluding the switchbox and directly connecting with what, if I remember correctly, is a composite connector (that connects to the switchbox at the top)?
I have not adapted the Sinclair RCA output directly to an "F" connector used for RF input these days, but I do not believe it would matter. The Sinclair uses an RCA cable, but it carries a 75 ohm RF signal, not a video composite signal. Like the Jensen transformer, the baluns in the switchbox isolate the signal and with the 75 to 300 ohm balun in the switchbox and the external 300 to 75 ohm balun at the F connector, I am back to a 75 ohm signal.

Quote:
2) (Unrelated to 1) above) Can't you have it set up "normally", so that the Sinclair's output is connected to your television and your television's composite output (If it has this) or RF output is connected to your VCR's composite input or RF output?
See my first post paragraph labeled #3. The composite output of the TV set only produces the ZX-81 output for a few frames, so it does not matter what equipment I connect the composite output of the TV set, there is nothing coming down the cable after a few frames.

Quote:
3) (Also unrelated)Did you set BOTH the television and the VCR to Ch.3?
Yes. In the last post I noted I had the VCR recording channel 3 from the cable TV cable while monitoring it on channel 3 on the TV set. I then unplugged the TV cable from the VCR RF input and replaced it with the ZX-81 output which was also channel 3. I confirmed that the VCR was getting the signal because when I switched the VCR RF pass-through direct to TV, the ZX-81 signal appeared on the TV. When I switched the VCR pass through back to VCR, the RF output to the TV went dark, the same RF output that showed TV channel 3 when I had the Cable TV cable attached to the VCR input.
csnet is offline   Reply With Quote