View Single Post
Old 12th October 2019, 23:28   #3  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

This works (well dont crash or throw error, I did not have an interlaced clip handy and did not wait till completion).

With "nnedi3_weights.bin" in root of windows "D:\" drive, and test command file in "D:\Test.Cmd"
FFMpeg.Exe in "C:\BIN\", and system environment has "C:\BIN\" added to PATH variable.

D:\Test.Cmd
Code:
    ffmpeg -i Parade.avi -c:v libx264 -vf "nnedi=nnedi3_weights.bin,format=yuv420p" -preset fast -crf 23 out.mp4
From CLI in root of "D:\", I ran Test.Cmd,

Did not work when I tried with "nnedi3_weights.bin" in "C:\BIN", same directory as FFMPEG.

EDIT: This forum is bloody awful for entering backSlash, they get swallowed up when not in code block, you gotta keep entering two backslashes,
and if you edit, you gotta go back and replace all of the double backslashes again.

It seems that when ffmpeg docs use "nnedi=weight", the weight part is just a placeholder for "nnedi3_weights.bin", and where name should be inserted,
dont know if it is intended to be a filename with path (I did not get it to work with a path).

EDIT: It was real slow (no way that slow in Avisnyth, I'm gettin 3.8 FPS, 480x360 clip, on Core Duo 2.88GHz [maybe I did something wrong]).

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 13th October 2019 at 00:00.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote