View Single Post
Old 14th October 2008, 08:29   #2106  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky View Post
Can you give the command line to use for this? It isn't clear what I need to do by reading the documentation for eac3to. Do I need any other software? I'm also curious as to why I need to do this. Shouldn't tsMuxer be able join files without problems?
There are different ways to use eac3to. If you have a full Blu-Ray disc you can use "eac3to BluRayDiscPath" to get a list of tracks. Then you can demux all tracks of a specific title you're interested in, e.g. "eac3to BluRayDiscPath 1) -demux".

tsMuxeR can join files just fine, and from what I've heard they play fine, too. However, multiple joined m2ts files are a bit problematic because the audio overlaps. If the media player is clever enough, it can work around the issue. In your case that doesn't seem to be the case. eac3to removes the audio overlaps so that you don't depend on the media player working correctly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
If I use eac3to to extract an .h264 file and an ac3 file, would it work the same as extracting to an mkv, as far as fixing the gaps and overlaps?
Yes, for audio. No, for video. But overlaps are normally only in the audio tracks with Blu-Ray discs. So no problem...
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote