View Single Post
Old 15th April 2009, 19:35   #2153  |  Link
schlaufer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Try to use VirtualCloneDrive (or something alike).. not Daemon tools for mounting the iso. Other users reported problems with DTools and the inability of PDVD to play such .iso files.

p.s. (edit) A small test that can prove me right or wrong is to use the same .iso that PDVD has problems with and burn it to DVD/BD (depending on the options you used in multiAVCHD), play it in some stand-alone-player (SAP) and compare the results.
I have no SAP as I am using an HTPC with an LG-Bluray/HD-DVD drive for watching my Hires movies.

Imho, a HTPC with PD7 (dis-)qualifies itself as an SAP as the PS3 does - it's a Von Neuman machine running software to play Blu-Ray movies. And I can watch all of my commercial BD w/o any issues.

I've explicitly mentioned PD7 as software, as it may issues others do not have. The test, if the multiAVCHD XMB-menu is still working after starting a movie (and jumping to the top-menu) can be easily exercised by anybody who has burnt a DVD/BD with multiple movies and chapters - I just want here results and point possible issues.

If someone with an SAP is willing to perform a test on the MPEG2/480i material, I can provide a 2min sample (57MB), just drop me a PN.

And regarding Daemon Tools/PD7 - I've read various messages in this forum referring to the problem, but none tracking it down. It's as easy if I wrote: if the disk is large enough (greater than a DL-DVD) it works, otherwise not. This was just a hint to other testers.
schlaufer is offline   Reply With Quote