View Single Post
Old 1st June 2008, 21:31   #4992  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
Should posts that are questions but pertain to the workings of eac3to (such as how certain decoders work) be included in the development thread? If not the development thread is going to be very small.
I think (valid) bug reports should be part of the development thread. Questions about how eac3to works rather not cause they have no effect whatsoever on the development of eac3to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
EDIT: I'm beginning to think that this project might not be possible to implement because it would probably entail the mods actually having to break up a lot of posts into separate posts for the separate threads .
It's problematic. If all else fails you could put all posts which are full or part development into the development thread and the rest into the other thread. The development thread would probably still be smaller. The biggest problem might be my style of replying. I'm often replying in one big post to 10 people at once. Maybe in such a case such a monster reply should be copied to both threads? Don't know if that is even possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by menlvd View Post
how about supporting wave 64 files produced by Sony software?
Don't know how complicated they are. Do you have a sample? Do you also have information about the file format?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Is slowing down an AC3 stream supposed to make it 50% bigger?
The file size of an AC3 stream only depends on 2 things:

(1) runtime
(2) bitrate

Slowing down an AC3 stream increases the runtime, but only very slightly. So file size increases also very slightly. If you have a 50% size increase then obviously the bitrate you used for the new encoding is about twice as high as the bitrate of the original file. eac3to always uses 640kbps for new 5.1 encodings. If you want to save space you can force eac3to to use a lower bitrate - of course that goes on the cost of quality.