View Single Post
Old 15th September 2015, 19:28   #17  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekh View Post
I thing I got it. I assumed using correct colorspace setting, either by alias filter or otherwise. Btw it seems that code did not change somewhere from 2012 but I am not historian

Default setting is responsibility of input driver, can be quite different from 601.

What I'm saying tests I did with vdub ~1 year ago didn't yield the correct results either with different combinations of alias filter, or the input/output csp settings (video=>color depth=>other , there is a list of many choices)

I would argue that the input driver ideally should leave the input as is. If you want to apply a transformation later (e.g. colormatrix or convert to RGB , whatever) that should be separate. Usually that is the case in vdub anyway, but some input filters might apply a "hidden" conversion

When you "see" the preview in vdub, it's being converted to RGB . When you take a screenshot with vdub with default settings, it's using the default Rec.601 to convert to RGB. Ideally you should be able to use some combination of input/output and alias to instead convert to RGB using Rec709 (ie to have some additional control) . Those options definitely didn't work correctly in the past. I don't know if they work now.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote