View Single Post
Old 25th January 2011, 20:06   #48  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
You did not post any on-topic informations, you just posted a scan of a 6 months old medium and another scan of an one day old medium. Then another 2 scans of one day media (now they are older ).
I didn't post any on-topic information? What have I been discussing, how to renovate the kitchen? I've given detailed information as to how much burning I do and the results I get when using different types of Verbatim discs, which is a lot more than the couple of screenshots you've offered along with a couple of amusing stories you found via Google. I've not posted any on-topic information? Maybe you should take your medication closer to the times you post?

Quote:
I posted a poll. Not me, but several dozens of people voted 42% that the quality of Verbatim decreased. That's impressive, isn't it?
Yeah, very impressive. A poll in which 69 people out of the millions with an internet connection responded. And not even all of them thought Verbatim's quality had dropped. Only 29 of them agreed it had, 14 said it hadn't changed (I guess they're wrong are they?) while the remaining 26 didn't know what day it was. That's about as statistically meaningless as a poll can get, and if you believe otherwise there's something wrong with your brain.
Oh, and unless I'm mistaken that poll's over two years old anyway, so in two years only 69 people have thought it was worth the effort to respond. Maybe it'd be more statistically accurate as a poll on the percentage of forum members dumb enough to respond to forum polls?

Quote:
I also posted some findings from fora I'm member. Of course, they are individual samples in a sea of possible alternatives. Yet the results for 3 years show a visible decrease in quality.
Yeah.... According to a couple of anecdotal stories you found.....

Quote:
Whether google was helpful or not doesn't change the main facts. Google just intermediates. Older DVDs had a better quality than todays' ones......
So why are my burns of today as good as your "premium collection" burns of two years ago????

Quote:
and their reliability over time decreases in a slower pace than those of today. For CDs the things are even clearer, because the CD is almost dead. In max. 5 years the DVD will arrive at the same point where the CD stands today. And I'll compare the scans of (6+5 years old DVDs with those of only 5).
So what if the CDs dead? How does that prove the various manufacturer's sent their quality control workers off on vacation? You're just making stuff up now. It'd make far more sense to argue that the manufacturing process is mature and the quality consistent by now, than it would to argue quality control has been thrown to the wind just because manufacturer's also have a newer type of disc to produce.

Quote:
PS: this is not your thread, I don't have to answer your questions.
No you don't. Not that "who's thread" it might be makes any difference. Either you're willing to respond to others the way you expect them to respond to you when you ask questions, or you're a hypocrite as well as opinionated.
I'll take it then that your statement I'm using media from 2004 was just a load of rubbish, and as you're happy to call me ignorant etc. when I post something you think is wrong, I'll also conclude you don't have enough character to post like a grown up.

Quote:
Yeah, you're right, I don't know why I'm spending my time with someone that doesn't deserve it.
maybe because I don't want that the OP leave this forum with false info.
Maybe it's because you're a know-it-all who can't stand being disagreed with. Hence all the name calling you continually resort to.

Quote:
Except for stockpiled Verbatims MIT, all the verbatims sold in Germany are now made in China and India. There were around 2008 also some batches from EUA (Emirates).
And the DVD technology is already on its decline, the giants embarked in the BD boat and left the manufacturing to third countries.
Maybe in the States is different ......
And once again, repeating what we already know does nothing to prove the quality of media being produced has dropped as a result, especially when it comes to a company like Verbatim who only use their own dye on their own discs.

So why is it I'm producing burns of the same quality today that you were getting two years ago, as long of course, you took the samples from you're "premium collection"? How about some quality tests of two year old burns which didn't come from your "premium collection"?
Oh that's right, it's not my thread so you don't have to reply like a grown up.....

Last edited by yetanotherid; 25th January 2011 at 20:56.
yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote