View Single Post
Old 29th October 2007, 00:50   #95  |  Link
Harukalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerpoi View Post
The notation is a bit sloppy on the status bar, it says something like Frame 0/200 but it actually only goes from 0 to 199 as it's supposed to (you can verify this by dragging the slider to the last position).

Actually, it's kind of a strange issue, since each frame is discrete but actually represents a continuous interval of time, so frame 0 actually represents something like [0, 1), frame 1 represents [1, 2), and in this case the last frame represents [199, 200). VirtualDub handles this by allowing the slider to go all the way to frame 200, but showing no video at frame 200 itself. There are pluses and minuses to displaying things this way, AvsP isn't perfect either. For now I'll leave things be but if you or any other video guru wishes to argue for a more precise representation, I'll be willing to listen.
Ah okay. Now that I understand the reasoning behind it, it makes sense to handle it that way.

Anyway, there seems to be some issues when working with large avs scripts. They consist of delays in text typing and failing to be able to preview the video. Either I get an error or it just hangs and never opens the video preview.

Here's the error I see: Error

The script in question is around 1700 lines long. And I can get it to open in Virtualdub within like 20 seconds of loading. If I remove a good portion of the script it can also then load fine in AvsP. If you don't happen to have any scripts on hand that can reproduce this just let me know, and I'll find some place where I can link the script for viewing. (kind of too huge to post)

Last edited by Harukalover; 29th October 2007 at 00:52.
Harukalover is offline   Reply With Quote