View Single Post
Old 21st January 2009, 00:24   #7955  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc28 View Post
Oh, I thought that message could've been included in the new eac3to versions. Is there any alternative to decoding this track (Sonic doesn't do 7.1, right)? Would love to have Sin City in beautiful 7.1.

Also, was this problem discussed in this thread/elsewhere? What specifically is wrong w/ the decoded track? My interpretation is that the "strange channel setup" messes w/ the volume? Thanks for the help
I have had both Sin-City Blu-Rays. The Japanese actually has TrueHD 5.1 audio (instead of just DD 5.1), but the track is simply broken: if you try to extract it, you'll find it to be corrupted, and eac3to aborted at the time, so I could only salvage the AC3 core. The Scandinavian Blu-Ray comes with an odd reddish tint in the video, but has a flawsless DTS-HD MA 7.1 track. So, I finally remuxed the video from the Japanese disc with the audio from the Scandinavian one, threw out the Japanese disc, and now all is fine again. My longwinded point being: I had no trouble whatsoever converting the DTS-HD MA 7.1 track from the Nordic disc to LPCM, and experienced no volume issue or conversion hicup of any kind. This was done with an older version of eac3to at the time (eac3to v2.78), and, of course, the Arcsoft DTS Decoder.