View Single Post
Old 13th July 2008, 23:08   #18  |  Link
pitch.fr
Didée 4 President

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey3 View Post
Let's keep using mplayerc and vmr9...
yeah, except if tritical can make some highly multithreaded and optimized code, I don't see it working in realtime in ffdshow

anyhow, I've just run through all my test movies on my DLP projector.

I'd say the colors look way more realistic

the best example being an HD bollywood movie, where red clothes look too dark, dull and artificial and skin tones slightly too green.....and when I enable the tailor-made PS script, bam! it looks natural (again)

well my main issue with not using HR w/ Reclock is that it's simply not as smooth.....HR is just so smooth, that's quite amazing...

I can watch a 2H movie in 24fps@24Hz with very low jitter and no dropped frame.

EVR or VMR9 can't offer me this kind of super low jitter.

but I'll run more tests, considering I'm starting to enjoy getting 1:1 colors on a 2 meters wide projection screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritical View Post
@pitch.fr
Something is wrong in your chain. Here is how I tested:

1.) ffdshow default. Use directshowsource("Bronz_s.mkv") in avisynth to open the mkv file using ffdshow, and set ffdshow to output RGB w/o hq conversion. Open in vdub.
2.) ffdshow hq. Same as method 1 setup, but check the hq rgb conversion box in ffdshow.
3.) avisynth conversion. Again use directshowsource, but make sure ffdshow is set to output YV12 (check that it is in vdub), and use converttorgb24 or converttorgb32 after directshowsource() in the avisynth script.

Using this, I get that 2 and 3 give almost identical output (image).
that's really weird ?! I'll run more tests tomorrow ?!

and could you do that gamut conversion in 10 bit in AVS(even if it's not officially supported yet) ?

Last edited by pitch.fr; 13th July 2008 at 23:16.
pitch.fr is offline   Reply With Quote