View Single Post
Old 17th February 2010, 05:02   #8  |  Link
JoshyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
Update: I copied avisynth.dll and devil.dll to system32 on a Windows 2008 R2 setup, after which I imported avisynth.reg. I created a test script with the code "BlankClip().ConvertToYV12()". It does not load in either VirtualDub64 or x264. Both crash upon exit. VirtualDub64 gives an error message "AVI Import Filter error: (Unknown) 80040154".

Edit: Processor is Core 2 T7250 "Merom".
This works for me, did you add the registry key that's included in the rar? When VDub throws that error, it usuaully means it can't find the right filter to decompress your stream.

I'm not sure which snapshot of the binary I compiled you may have grabbed, but along the way I realized I had the compile flags wrong. I was only generating code for a core I3/I5/I7. This caused my Penryn laptop to die when trying to load a clip. With the latest file up there, my Penryn executes no problem.

Just to be double safe, try this compilation of the avisynth binary:

It only has the SSE2 code path enabled

If that doesn't work, we'll come up with a solution, I'm a bit hazy on how Windows associates registry keys with filter types. If anyone else has some pointers, that'd be great too.
JoshyD is offline   Reply With Quote