View Single Post
Old 11th September 2003, 20:26   #7  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

@windtrader

Some time this year, I've read somewhere here that someone wanting to do exactly like my guide is intended for. I had an idea but to make my plan work, I needed to have a menu table in my movie-only files. Maa just enlightened me that I could've done this all this time. Anyway, I had this guide as a draft a couple of months ago and with that secret ingredient, I had finished up the guide.

Anyways, the authoring tools that are currently available are not, should I say, the holy grail of backup softwares. They still have irks, quirks, and areas that are limited to what me and you want for us to have the best backups. That's why I come up with work-around methods prior to or after using specific programs. A lot of times, people around here would use other tools to fix/improve each other.

As for the authoring tools you mentioned, I do use TMPGenc DVD Author sometimes but DVD Lab, which looks promising, I haven't worked with that fully. You may want to talk to Maa on that since he has a guide on using IFOedit with DVD Lab. TMPGenc DVD Author is still new and you will have menus created. You don't have an option to do a complete movie only. Having menus is not a bad thing. TMPGenc DA can do what my guide in this post can do and it does through the track menus. You would have to browse through the menus and select which Title you want to see. So the advantage to TMPGenc DVD Author is you have menus for Title skipping since it authors them into separate Titlesets. If it didn't, then this method in this thread would be useful. I only wished that TMPGenc can let us author in more than one audio and also include subtitles.

I'm a little mentally drained right now so I hope I answered your question.