View Single Post
Old 7th July 2010, 22:44   #495  |  Link
txporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_groschi View Post
Interesting videos. While both clips appear to look equally good in a quick visual comparison, every small difference means that srestore picked a different frame or made a different decision in its duplicate detection. Since (from my experience) TGMC tends to make blends almost dissappear, it's actually very hard to tell if srestore picked the right frames. Thanks to your nice demonstration, i can see it does not. So i would definitly say it's safer to feed srestore with a clean detection clip. From that point of view, didee's suggestion looks very reasonable to me.
I am still trying to understand what is best for the detection clip. I encoded the same clip using a simple bob(0,0.5) as dclip, using yadif(mode=1, order=1) as dclip, using the 3 stage bob parameters as dclip (couldn't get reduceflicker=false to work so had to kill that part), and using only the tgmc bob input.

Stack of those 4 clips + source + avs can be found here. I included the frame number on each frame so that we can see which frame was chosen by srestore. I do see that sometimes a different frame is chosen for the TGMC input and sometimes different for yadif and sometimes different for bob(0,0.5) and other combinations. It looks to be picking either the odd or even frame. I don't know which is right.... I don't see blends in any of the outputs. Using a detection clip definitely results in faster detection for Srestore though (compared to using the TGMC bob as input).

update: moved this discussion to the Srestore thread

Last edited by txporter; 8th July 2010 at 17:26.
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote