View Single Post
Old 24th April 2004, 20:41   #5  |  Link
emdiem

What i understand is that you have some black bars around the video. I dont really know in perfect english how to tell you what they are, but here is a little image that I can help you with.

(NTSC)

If you look at this image (outkast - hey ya) you will see that it has black bars , border. Some videos just have on right and left side, some on top and bottom.

Then you see my markings within the image.

Outher marking is the safe area, keep things inside that area and it will be shown on the TV. The other marking is safe area for subtext, tv logo etc etc.

Everything outside the outher marking wont be visible on a TV. This area outside is used for tv stations to broadcast special signals like programinfo (also more stuff to it)

Why shooting bigger scale than the TV can handle? well its becosue you wont get a border within the picture on the TV, its better to let some slide out so the image on the TV is fully filled, and the frame on the TV cutts in some.

This is what i foudn out when asking some friends at a tv station, might not be 100% correct, but with the image in hand you also see that a bit is lost when viewd on standalone DVD+TV
emdiem is offline   Reply With Quote