View Single Post
Old 27th September 2010, 18:20   #12517  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
STaRGaZeR
Just a little suggestion. I never saw floating-point build yet but if it will work, could you please keep both variants (16 and 32 bit) if 32bit any slower? Maybe it will be possible to add switch "libavcodec (16bit)" and "libavcodec (32bit)" like it is done for h264 in case of libavcodec and ffmpeg-mt. Also if you know better solution - just skip this post. Thanks.
Do you have a Pentium II or similar? If not, you should forget about the speed argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
maybe STaRGaZeR could hook us up w/ 32fp DTS, I don't care much for AC3 as liba52 sounds great(in 32fp at that) but I really don't like libdts...it sounds metallic, I very much prefer libavcodec.
Nope, unless there is a strong negative from ffmpeg against this, in that case I'll consider it. Custom code sucks.

Reimar, since you're a ffmpeg developer, could you consider adding an option to bypass the float to int16 conversion you have at the end of your decoders? Easy, cheap and everybody is happy.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote