View Single Post
Old 4th June 2011, 23:33   #3  |  Link
CruNcher

Hmm the GPU barely copes with the deinterlacing but that it suddenly stops working on later plays @ all until the driver is reinstalled is very strange indeed (first time i hear someone is mentioning such Nvidia behavior)

Overclocking wont help as it works on the first run if you read what he wrote carefully, what is your current driver revision ?
Did you also tried other decoders for example LAV Cuvid and or Cyberlink (PowerDVD) ? also on Win7 the WMP itself with Microsofts Decoder and DXVA that should always work if other fail (you just have to get the input working see Lav Splitter and the registry hacks to get the Dshow filter working)
Mirillis Player/Decoder is a very new one and surely full of bugs (last time i tested it their where a heavy amount of issues)

Not sure but 256 MB is also hard on the Edge for 1080p though in your case scaled down it seems to work

Though you could indeed also try to set the Full Power profile and see if that influences it, fluctuation in such a hard edge case is never a good thing.

The Video Engine is always correctly under load but the GPU (deinterlacing) seems to have problems on the other run very strange.

1. Try Lav Cuvid and Cyberlink DXVA + MPC-HC as player on EVR (Win7) and VMR7 (XP) (i would advice for Cyberlink DXVA for several reasons )

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 5th June 2011 at 00:03.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote