View Single Post
Old 11th September 2003, 17:45   #1  |  Link
fedge

RIAA.... let's settle it since we ARE the customers

and "the CUSTOMER is ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!"

Since the RIAA is now dictating terms to all the internet community it way past time to make a shout back.

In old times when the king of a country had a court minstral I don't really think that the minstral had the king put people to death for singing his songs. Nor was there fights over the "RIGHT" to be able to sing another traveling minstrals songs(forgive any spelling).

Now we come to an age in History that everything is for sale. And even the VERY THINGS we have in our OWN HOMES purchased with our OWN HARD EARNED MONEY is subject to rules pertaining to the fact that you cannot duplicate, nor modify any of the content. IE> music cds, dvd's, videogame councils.. etc. Or if you do you cant give the information nor the copies to anyone else for them to use for a limited time.. etc...etc... so even though you buy a product the company still has rights to dictate to you(by the way since when could a corporation or company or group act like a governing body..???) what ,where , and when you can use their product...etc.

SO, all that being said.. I myself would be willing to PAY for the right to dl mp3's for my own use. However, all the files available leagally are either not great quality/price. I mean 99 cents for a single mp3.. what if an album(cd) had 15 tracks on it.. it would cost you the price of cd to buy every track.. if you were so inclined. AND cd's that are continuous mixes... (techno etc) dont work as single tracks, they need to be in one mp3 format, and a cue file...

WHAT R U WILLING TO PAY>>>>>for lets say mp3 at 190kbps.. or even (let us dream AC3 dolby digital 5.1 content music @ 448 or lower bitrates)
fedge is offline   Reply With Quote