View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2006, 15:26   #371  |  Link
crashed

Encoded the dvd successfully, 2 ac3 6ch soundtracks, 2 subtitles different angles, and one vido! =)

I encoded the dvd using the insane hq quality settings, but what i got was not really impressing at all. Especially it always has those weird vertical lines that come up when a surface moves, like on this screenshot below. Any idea why? Is this just the codec or some setting that is messing it up? I mean the audio sizes are about 500mb, so the video itself has about 550mb, which should be enough for an amazing quality video. Used standard removegrain 2 filter, no resizing and autodeinterlace, no cust matrix.

Here a screenshot of the original dvd:

Here a screenshot of the insane quality x264 encoding, size of 1100 mb, mp4filesize is 530mb

About the d:\dvd folder that is being created and not deleted, here are the logs: (oh and also a file d:\x264profile.xml is created, guessing it should be in the temp folder too right?)hm .log file was empty? Will do another encode with xvid to see if i get a better quality movie, will post the log file then i guess...

Oh and one last thing, would it be possible to make a certain output folder default? (like with a button, make this output folder default, so next start of automkv that folder is automatically selected, and not the input folder.

Last edited by crashed; 3rd December 2006 at 15:52.