View Single Post
Old 16th February 2011, 06:06   #312  |  Link
-Vit-

Oops... I introduced a nasty bug in v3.05. The final couple of core algorithm stages were being skipped over including the final smooth, which left the output noisy. Fixed in the OP (v3.11). If you have version 3.05 or 3.10, you really need to update to v3.11 as it was a serious bug. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dunno if that was partly causing wOxxOm's problem (although Didée's points still hold regardless). Don't think it caused sadie's smears, the bug caused noise.
____

Given the above posts, I have allowed control over thSAD1, thSAD2, thSCD1 and thSCD2 (which are the same as TempGaussMC_beta2):
- ThSAD1/2 control how willing the temporal smooths are to blend with the neighbor frames. Increasing these values will increase smoothness, but can also can cause blurring or smearing. Conversely, reducing these values can reduce ghosting, or the blurring of high-speed temporal changes, but may leave shimmer or noise. In any case, they should be used rarely, and ThSAD2 is safer to use than ThSAD1.
- ThSCD1/2 control scene change detection. Again only change them if you must (read the MVTools documentation for details).

Code:
QTGMC( Preset="Slower", TR2=2, ThSAD2=400 ) # Smoother but might smear...
Defaults are: ThSAD1=640, ThSAD2=256, ThSCD1=180, ThSCD2=98
____

DVDBob: I'm not sure I understand, what other interlacing methods are there?

Last edited by -Vit-; 16th February 2011 at 06:42.